Total Pageviews

Monday, June 27, 2011

Young Bladz: Where NC's Hip Hop Meets Intellect


CHAKARA: Whats up Young Bladz! How are you? Long time since we actually talked!

BLADZ: What it dew sis...yeah it's been a while but it's all love. I've been good, no complaints at all.

CHAKARA: Now, this interview is a bit different readers. Young Bladz and I actually have been cool since we were like nine years old. So I'm quite honored to be interviewing him almost 20 years later about his music. Back then, when we were kids did you ever see yourself getting into hip hop??

BLADZ: Wow it has been 20 plus yrs., time really did fly by. You know back then hip hop wasn't my first choice of music. R&b was and will always be my favorite. Keeping it real if I had a choice I would rather be a singer but just holding a tune here and there won't exactly cut it. Lol I guess that's why I do a lot of soulful and melodic records. So I would say no I didn't really see myself doing hip hop.

CHAKARA: Hmm, same with publishing for me. Who in the Carolina's have you worked with, as far as music and entertainment?

BLADZ: I've worked with a few artist from NC. Of course my label "SO FLY", Ike&Shyst, Brolic & World, 9deuce, PoohBear, Scooda, Chulo, a few artist from the JOCO family...the list goes on.

CHAKARA: As far as your team in NC Hip Hop, let my viewers know about some of the other artists you work with that make up So Fly Entertainment.

BLADZ: SO FLY ENT. is made up of 7 members, 3 original and 4 that we've hand picked to create our Family. First and for most there is me Young Bladz, my brother Streetz, Deniro, Billie Dutches, C/Razy, Euro, and the homie Big Dredd.

CHAKARA: I want people to really see how smarts really carries a person's rhyme scheme far. I remember you in school. You made top grades right along with me, and your hip hop delivery shows me exactly this. When I heard you on your "All I Want Is You" Miguel (remix), I said to myself, that's the Young Bladz I know of. Please tell my readers how important you think education is to plighting towards the music industry.

BLADZ: Even though I never took my education further then High School due to life circumstances I definitely feel like education is what gives u that extra edge... Not only from a lyrical stand point but from a business aspect as well.

CHAKARA: Never too late! LOL How long have you been dabbling in the hip hop world?

BLADZ: I started developing my craft in the yr 2000 after meeting one of my brothers Deniro. He inspired me to do this. So I'll say 11yrs on and off but about 5 seriously.

CHAKARA: Why do you think its so hard for NC to gain unity like other states, or Raleigh-Durham like other cities?

BLADZ: Looking from the outside in and not being bias, I feel like NC has been tarnished by wack artist and everyone is fighting to be that first artist to show the industry we actually have some talented artist. I think it's more of an ego thing.

CHAKARA: YEP! What have you been doing lately with your music? Where can my readers find your music?

BLADZ: I've been attacking the Internet with videos and records. You can find me on YouTube, twitter, and quit a few blog spots. Not to mention I have hard copies floating on the streets. iTunes will be the next move that we make with my up and coming EP "Born Alone Die Alone"

CHAKARA: Digital sales are where its at! Who are you favorite artists out right now? They dont even have to be in hip hop.

BLADZ: My favorite artist are Jay-Z, Young Chris, Jadakiss, Drake, J.Cole, Ryan Leslie, Keisha Cole, and Jaheim. Now favorite of all time would have to be Michael Jackson.

CHAKARA: Some of my favs right there! Tell my readers what you have coming up next and how they can stay connected with Young Bladz?

BLADZ: Like I mentioned before I have a EP I'm working on "Born Alone Die Alone" coming real soon...no exact date has been set. In the meantime I have a solo mixtape hitting the streets 4th of July 2011. Also in the works is the new collaboration with my brothers of the So Fly camp "Aviator Boyz" pt.2.
Check me out on twitter.com "@YoungBladz"



CHAKARA: REMEMBER WHERE YOU SAW HIM FIRST! Chaka-Talk Blogspot has exclusively granted your access to NC's rising star Young Bladz! Follow him on twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment